top of page


Our traditional Beeswax Polish is made using beeswax from our hives here in the Cotswolds. Often made from the wax cappings which we collect throughout the season as we work to extract our wonderful honey, the wax is safely stowed away until we have gathered enough to mix up a batch of polish, or hand dip some candles!


This traditional beeswax polish is a cream, unlike many other beeswax furniture polishes which are often pastes, and may be used on any wood (light or dark) without changing its colour.


A cream has several advantages: it does not leave a build-up of polish, nor will it get stuck in any crevices. It is very easy to use and a little goes a long way.


    NT WT. 10oz (℮283g)


    INGREDIENTS: Genuine turpentine. Water. Natural beeswax.


    Our polish contains no nasties. The solvent we use is pure gum turpentine, a completely natural product which is made from distilled pine sap. The sap is tapped from pine trees in a sustainable way, meaning the trees are not destroyed in the process, instead they are cultivated and farmed in this way for many years. Most man made synthetic chemical alternatives, such as white spirit, are not only bad for the environment but also dry out wood instead of feeding and nourishing it.


    Apply a sparing amount of the cream polish and work with the grain of the wood. Allow it to soak in for a few moments and then buff with a soft cloth.


    You will note a hazard warning label on our jars which is legally required because it contains genuine turpentine. Turpentine is regarded as a hazardous substance for the following reasons:

    • It is flammable.
    • Long-term exposure to the fumes from heated turpentine can cause lung damage.
    • It is harmful if swallowed and may be fatal if swallowed and it enters the airways.
    • Contact with the skin can cause irritation. Any residual turpentine on polished furniture ought to completely evaporate within 30 minutes of polishing. Many of the alternative solvents found in polishes are far more allergenic.
    • It is toxic to aquatic organisms with long lasting effects and so must be disposed of sensibly to a licensed waste disposal facility.

    Our clear labels are plastic free, made from ethically sourced wood pulp meaning they are fully compostable.

bottom of page